Services We Provide
Why invest in the United Way?
- We do more than just fundraising.
- You want to make a difference.
- You want to impact the community
Isn't It Time We Were Known for Our Generosity?
- You can feel good about helping people in our community
- Give a little bit to change a life today and make an investment in the future
- It’s the easy, tax deductible, convenient and practical way to get funds to those
- If everyone could do a little bit regularly, we could meet the needs of people in our
community. Give early and give often.
- UWGC has a track record of success in allocating funds based on needs
- Offer a door of hope to those in need
What is my "fair share"?
If we all gave one hour’s pay per month,
we could meet the needs of the agencies
(and the people) in our community
You Can Give with Confidence
- The United Way of Gallia County conducts our operations with the same high
standards you require in your business, and we get results, helping local people
every year. Your investment in the community will pay real dividends in the lives of
people you know.
- Funds raised here stay here, and our local volunteer board allocates the money to
meet the needs of people in Gallia county.
- As a result of low administrative costs, 85 cents of every dollar contributed is used
to provide health and human service programs here.
- We have a track record of success. Dollars have been allocated through United
Way agencies based on the needs of individual families in our community.
- Concerned people like you volunteer their time to help raise funds, to evaluate
carefully the community needs, and to thoughtfully determine how best to allocate
limited resources. Independent audits of the United Way and its agencies are
conducted annually, and our records are available for public review
UWGC - Services
Agencies Funded (in part) by United Way Of Gallia County – Currently, these include:
American Red Cross, Gallia County;
Boy Scouts of America, Tri-State Area Council;
Gallia County Council on Aging;
The Gallia-Meigs Community Action Agency;
Girl Scouts, Seal of Ohio Council Inc.;
Holzer Hospice; services to terminally ill & their families
Retired & Senior Volunteer Program,
The Gallia County Outreach Center;
Serenity House; domestic shelter
Woodland Centers, professional counselling.
A Note of Appreciation – Because of the support of individuals, businesses and
organizations, plus a broad base of dedicated community-minded volunteers (including
the Board of Directors, and the committees that are vital to the organization’s operation),
United Way of Gallia County is able to continue to provide hope and caring for those in
A special thanks to the Senior Resource Center for donating office space for us.
Equally important with giving financially is volunteering your time to put the smile on the
face of a child, a senior or another individual who needs to know someone cares.
Call one of our agencies & Volunteer Today!